Sunday, July 4, 2010

Up or Down? That is the question?

Many camps are arguing right now on what direction the market is going in next.  That is a good Question at this point and time.  My count and my most of my Technical Analysis says we should be heading North.. or UP.. but my experience dealing with this type of wave and my ttttrrrruuussty MacD says... we are going down even further...  I have lightened up on some of my stock holdings, but still remain over 50% of my portfolio is Bearish.  I hold currently TZA, QID, SDS, I think that is enough.  I have been looking at on stock in the Nasdaq 100 that is ready to be hit hard.. and that is Apple.. that used to be one of "A's" favorite stocks... For many Apple holders they could retire at this point and time if they bought that beauty right.. it reminds me of my Microsoft days.. but Apple is getting OLD.. and they are becoming the Next door Neighbor to Microsoft. if you know what I mean.  Let me just say its that same old feeling I had with Microsoft back in its Hayday!.. Everyone owns one.. everyone is looking for more.. give us more.. but the economy is soon not going to be on Apples side.. the way things are going.. so I was looking at the possible way for my portfolio to short Apple even harder, and of course that lies with QID.. so I think thae the Naz takes even a bigger dump over the next 30 days.. I know that seems strong.. but Ihave yet the time to really sit and calculate out where she is going going...Hee ehhe.. OK, if you have the time.. do some let me know.. I also like the way the $RUT looks... I cleaned out alot of my TZA holding.. and I made a horrible blooper  with my trading.. I am not proud of at all... PLEASE do not get yourself in trouble like I did.. I bought TZA say thurs, then sold it Fri.. and forgot that the $$$$ had not cleared.. and forgot the new short rule.. so according to my brokerage.. I get nailed with two penalties.. and a caution on my account and if I do it again.. ouch.. I get shut down for 90 days.. now is that brutal or what... all because I got a wheee bit excited and forgot that day traders rule...that I am not a day trader!!!LOL!>>> bad girl!...  Just some advice so you do not fall into the same catagory!....  OK, I will edit this later to give some really good #'s unless some of you have them handy.. but 970 on s/p looks like stop 1 at this time... OK, going to play for a few hours...later>L

5 comments:

  1. just got back from ca trip, and tired now. I will give my thoughs sometimes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R, been a crazy wk at work, everyone is on vacation so they expect everyone to do two jobs instead of one... having to work alot of OT.. 12.45 on Tue. 12.15 last night.. god only knows how much tonight..uggg.. I hope you had a nice time.. sorry your so tired.. I took half my trade off last Fri. still getting cooked right now.. but still in bear camp.. just a bear rally on light volume.. next wk tells the tell.. gotta go to the dungeon..laterL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey L. I am getting buy on SPY as of this moment 12:00noon PST .. however no confirmation. As you said next week might decide. CHeck out BDI it has been in a dive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey L...

    No post from you...wht do you think of the move..pug got it very right.

    RK

    ReplyDelete
  5. R, what a week, OT, was supposed to go to Kitty Hawk N.C. for the wkend.. to fly kites.. thought I finally was going to have a mini vacation. Was also going Emerald hunting..but all plans for fun are gone.. I had an Antique Threshers festival scheduled, and a friend was going to do it for me so I could leave, and they got called into work for the wkend.. What The F....!!! sometimes R, I just want to quit everything. Yes, I checked out the baltic dry, and it looks very interesting. will update in a little while.. sorry about everything, just crazy right now..L

    ReplyDelete