Friday, July 30, 2010

Interesting day?

Ok, everyone, GDP sucked as predicted. We have been waiting for earnings season to end, it just makes emotions ride like a wild bronco.

R, and RK, and anyone else.. I have been told about truncated 5th waves on more than one occasion. My personal experience over the years of chart reading, has given me an idea. I honestly do not Believe in Truncated 5th Waves...... Now your wondering why? My first book that I ever read on trading I got at an auction in a pile of books that I paid 50c for. I tell ya, It has gone down in history ever since as the best auction purchase I have ever made.  Fibonacci Applications and Strategies for Traders...by Robert Fischer.  this box of books also contained several other expensive and valuable books that helped me on my way to the beginnings of my trading experience's..  I studied and studied and researched what this was and that was.. you know we still do it today... but all truncated 5th waves just lead me back to Mr. Fischer, there are no truncations...WHAT!   Waves 1,3,5 are ending waves in up trends and down trends.. but corrective wave are A,B,C's or I also call them 1,2,3 .   Do you see what I wrote.. inside of a 3rd wave we have 5 waves.. and so even though we may not show that so called 4th wave move, we still had a 4th wave move  inside of the 3rd wave,  Even Prechter says to only trade 1,2,3... let 4 and 5 go.. get the meat of the potatoe not the outside skin... that was the key phrase after many yrs of fighting with 4's and 5's, sometimes there just doesn't seem to be one or both... but there is ..contrary to what we have taught ourselves or read in most of Prechter's books.  The other fasinating book that I just never have liked but the more I pick it up the more I am beginning to understand what this nut is saying...Neely... most every move is a triangle or type of triangle move, they are small, they are med. and large, and sometimes Ex.Lg.  but there are alot of triangles. So, there are beautiful Elliot patterns and there are ugly ones sorta like we just saw.. but wks, mo's, and yrs later we look back at charts and go ...OH. man, now I see that pattern...have a great Wk end..>L

8 comments:

  1. Rk, sorry, smart trader is a very good site for stock picks.. and also Tim Knights slope of hope.. If you ever want to go over lists just e-mail me with your list.. R, luvs to go over stocks too...L

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey L, My system is still on buy but getting close to reverse either today or Monday if no up. And I have more and more indications pointing to 8/17 something happens there.

    I see what you're saying about w5. So maybe we do get it in this c we're in. Another scenario I have considered is that we are in a of 2, not in c?

    RK, sure go ahead send us list if you have any. I like a stock picking blog too. I use Motley Fool site sometimes to get ideas. There's whar I read about IRBT. I really think this thing will be a 10 bagger in due time. I see a future with robots and they are one of early and first movers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RK, L,

    Here's what I am looking to ivest in when the time is right (but when will that be so?)

    I like 4 fields but will bypass one since I work in the industry (Smart phone, mobile computing).. The othre 3 are: rgenerative medicine but still don't know which names to buy .. 2: solar. 3. robots, anything with robots

    ReplyDelete
  4. R,

    I also look at Motley Fool and follow SarahGen. she picks very good ones. But as you mentioned timing is where i fail. Will send you a list when i am done.

    Thanks,
    RK

    ReplyDelete
  5. R,RK, UP volume is rising...But DOWN volume is rising more.. I still think my 30 day turns are in trade. I will e-both of you in the morning with EWT update, and a few other things. Then I will work on wk end post..after everyone posts to get their prof.opinion. we are still in a 4 or we finished >L

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, sounds like we are a team in the making :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok guys, here's my system update EOD Friday:

    my hourly on neutral
    my daily still on buy
    my weekly on SELL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant gals and guys :)

    ReplyDelete