Sunday, February 7, 2010

Well, I was wrong, the opposite happened on Fri..:)

OK, I borrowed this from the Purdue Gridiron's site...located on the rt. of the blog..   Pug as he is better known has always got great charts...so I had to use this one of the $USD... it really sucks when you cut your finger and can not type..band-aids..ugg...anyway..it resembles the $SPX alot in reverse..if you can imagine that in your head or just pull up a chart...  So that would explain the sudden turn that we had on Fri, and why we ended on a pos.note. Now if you go to Pug's site, he has the dollar tanking...I do not agree,  as I have stated in my two scenerio's I feel we just completed a "B" wave, so in turn so did the $  to the upside instead of the downside..classic if u ask me...off with the bandaid...OK, now lets chat..bear with me OK, if you look at Nov high that would have ended a move to the upside, was it a wave 1,or 3 I do not know..but the dollar fell till Dec/Jan area of 09 for what I call wave "A" then momentum set in for wave "B", till Mar/april 09, then we fell into a "C" wave or this C turned into a possible ending diagonal triangle...does that ring a bell...with the $SPX????   Are you following me on my thoughts...OK, so since its a possible C wave it was corrective but the trend to the dollar long term(meaning years)  has been Bullish...and so the opposite with the $SPX, we are in a larger Degree Bear Market...so why I used his chart again was for his great display of the 200dma(day moving ave.)  it lies on some great support, and so does the 50 dma...if you notice the 50 is moving up about to cross the 200 in a few days...at times this is bullish...short term...but they do not have to cross, the 200 could hold at $78.37 and then turn to the upside again...hence the short corrective move that I am looking for in the $SPX as a smaller degree posible 2nd wave scenerio of a C wave and then back dow we go...and short term on both charts they have hit resistance, and it is strong, on both charts.. I ran a Fibonacci retrace from the top of this fall on $SPX on 2/2/10 to the bottom we hit yesterday it retrace exactly 38.2%.!  Now we also hit a 23.6% on the entire move down from 1/19/10, could that be it, well Yes it could and to be honest we did 5 waves up so look for a down move on Mon. that could either bounce for a B down move or be just a continuation of the bear move, Or we could be In R's larger degree C wave that could go higher...here's the numbers..23.6%=1069.12   38.2%=1084.56    50%=1097.04    61.8%= 1109.52   so that is the fibs from the entire move so far...I am exhausted...we must have gotten close to 2ft of snow and I was in the saddle for almost 11 hours last night.. so I am going to go veg for the rest of the wkend...RK..I will give you an update tomorrow night or tonight I guess now that I just looked at the clock.  C, where are U??  A, are you out there ?? OK night all...later L

6 comments:

  1. http://www.cnbc.com/id/35253845

    ReplyDelete
  2. RK, sorry, I fell asleep, and will be calling Prophet/Tdameritrade sometime today...will also let you know that "R"s cnbc comment is Bill McClaren, one of Andy's favorite Pro's and Bill uses alot of his own mixture of Gann-price and time just like Andy does..McClaren is also a favorite of mine..so will get back with you about that..R, thanks for the link, it was great to see that McClaren has sorta my thought process right now, and did you catch that Geitner interview, he figures we retest the bottom OK, my schedule is changing tonight, and we are having another Blast of Snow starting tonight too, Oh sooo much fun...OK everyone, have a great day..>L

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, sometimes your friends find things that are so good its hard to believe but go check out freestockcharts.com RK, free real time charts...its hard to believe but true. and they are in HD absolutely awsome...they link in with TDameritrade..but free...free..go see...later>L

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://contractingtriangles.blogspot.com/ thhttp://just-charts.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekend-fun-ibm-expansion.html is is for you RK..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats two differnt sites...contracting triangles is one just charts is the second one..just google it..alot of what Andy does..you'll see..click on the IBM charts..big bang theory..he's cool later>L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links Libby. Freecharts online is really cool.
    I am reading through the other contracting triangles.

    When you get a chance can you post something on technical’s you look for while buying a stock in the uptrend or downtrend.

    I am looking through different blogs, some look at the market trend and buy/sell ETF's.
    Some look at EMA crossovers to buy/short stocks.
    While some look at oversold and overbought stocks and try to buy/short the respective stocks.
    In general what i observed is most of the price movements depend on the market trend or the sector trend with some exceptions.

    I also look at chribstrades.blogspot.com. I really like his blog. He is very good with EW theory and has some posts on it.
    Chris looks at stocks in an uptrend and wait for consolidation and enter the ticker when it catches the uptrend again. I tried many times to come up with what he does but never got close.
    I am trying to build some model where I can look for some basic setups every day.
    I am trying to look at chart, candle stick patters and indicators like RSI and MA's but never getting to the point of comfort.

    I am very interested to know what you and R look for.

    Please ignore if I do not make any sense.

    Thanks,
    RK

    ReplyDelete