Wednesday, February 24, 2010

RK update

I hope that all of you enjoyed the material that I found this morning...it was interesting to read what the big big boys in the pits pay alot for. We tiny tikes still get most of that stuff for free on the web...of course we have to dig a little harder...but I am not into commodities that strongly.

RK... I have had a few days now to go over the Investools site, and it is very nice... since you trade ETF's they have an entire section on that,  Let me give you a complete overview of just the basic catagories on the page:  Home page:   market forecast, calendars , futures and FX, strategy searches, think or swim chat , options strategies, they offer live trade commentary, market headlines, and investools news,
Education Page:
They have online courses...I am sure some of it is free..but the good stuff is pay only by what I see..but they give alot for free..  They also offer Basic options , advanced technical analysis, advanced options, forex, futures, and long term investing...these all seem to be courses or overviews of how to get started...they even offer virtual coaches..if your into that stuff.
The best part is the paperMoney Tutorial...very interesting..so that you can practice before you use real $$..

If you have any children in the ages of 10 or above I think this would be very educational for everyone..they can learn the basic's here very easily...(the ex-school teacher in me comes out).  I really like this for the pre-teens on up..
Next:
Investor Toolbox Page:
This offers your portfolio page... Graphs... Industry groups, news, strategies, long term investing, futures & Fx.
Community Page well its pretty much what it is, it is group rooms, question and answers..

This will really with my time schedule would take years to get to know because you really could be inside this site for hours at a time..and that is good, because I have belonged to sites that give you nothing compared to this one.  It is really very user friendly, educational on many subjects, options, futures, and long term invest. and retirement site is incredible. One thing I find great...is an odds calculator!  I luv that.. never hurts to know your odds, wether your trading GE or playing Black Jack...  I hope this helps in some way. I really like this and if you do not have a brokerage account yet TDAmeritrade is the new owner of Investools, and everthing is linked to them but you do not have to use them.  Ok, hope this helps a little. Oh and you get live stream prophet charts... OK, later>L

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post L. I started using investools. I will keep working on it more from now on. I am using Zecco for now since it is cheap. Once i get some experience i will move to a better brokerage.

    Did you see that blog world is looking for new recovery high. Even GS is saying SP arnd 1350 by mid year.

    Thanks,
    RK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinkorswim software can be downloaded for free and it gives prophet charts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most likely Cycle Date Lows are
    now March 26th and April 7th.
    Bonds look like March 3rd and
    then rally from the valley.

    ReplyDelete